Owen here! Today I’d like to share an easy and quick food you can prepare when you’ve got a lot to do!
Deadlines are looming! This project isn’t getting done by itself! But your stomach has been complaining for an hour, and you’re starting to feel faint. Time to eat – but how are you gonna find the time?
In the past year, my schedule has become super hectic, so I’ve come to rely on some easy, cheap, but still healthy meals. So I’m going to start posting them occasionally so you can try them out yourself.
First up is Microwave Burrito Pie. It takes about five minutes from start to finish, and it’s enough for two people to chow down (Or one if you’re extra hungry.)
- 3 tortillas
- 1 can refried beans (no fat vegetarian recommended)
- Cheese (optional)
- Sour cream or Plain yogurt
- On a microwave plate, lay down a tortilla.
- Open a can of refried beans. Spread half of it on the tortilla. Add cheese.
- Lay down another tortilla. Spread the second half of the beans on it.
- Add salsa.
- Lay down the top tortilla.
- Microwave for two minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into however many pieces you want.
- Spread sour cream thinly on top. (This makes the top tortilla soft, so it’s easy to cut into with just a fork.)